Tuesday, April 23, 2013

God bless Dramamine.

Ciao a tutti!

I finally made it to Rome and my appropriately named hostel, Funny Palace, after a LONG day of travel! With the aide of my good friend Dramamine I blissfully slept through my first flight to JFK. Well not really blissfully, more like a half conscious, head bobbing sleep, but the important thing is I didn't get sick. And if you know me I should be thanking my lucky stars, especially considering how smoothly my international leg went.

Landing in Rome felt like reconnecting with an old friend and I was immediately overwhelmed with happiness as I was greeted by the loud, dramatic and beautiful cadences of the Italian language. I navigated the airport, bought a bus ticket, endured a thirty minute bus ride to the Termini and from there followed cobbled streets all the way to my hostel (just a five minute walk).

All in all a pretty good day of travel. Now time for a quick nap, some café and adventuring.

Much love from Roma!

1 comment:

  1. You need to change that "posted by"....no more "M" Boohooohooo!

    ReplyDelete