Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mamma mia, I love San Potito!

I woke up this morning to chirping birds, as usual, and to the all familiar sound of rain. It was quite refreshing considering the hot, humid weather we've had since I've been here. Don't misunderstand me, I'm loving the sunshine, it's just easier to appreciate the rain after a couple of really hot days! Once I realized it was raining I knew our task for the day would consist of chopping pruned branches into firewood. Not the most desirable job but I must admit I enjoyed it.

It didn't take long for the rain to pass and the ground to dry just in time for a little work in the garden before lunch. After yet another satisfying lunch Liz and I decided it would be a good day to walk to San Potito Sannitico, one of the neighboring towns to our farm, in search of gelato ;) Not only were we successful in our search for gelato we got to explore one of the cutest little towns I've ever seen! Every corner we turned and street we ventured down offered yet another photo opportunity. Needless to say I snapped lots of photos. Here are few that I think capture the essence of the town.

Oh, one thing to note, in San Potito there are a handful of really neat murals on some of the cities walls. They were drawn by one of Rosanna's nephews a couple of years ago and are pretty amazing.

OK ciao ciao for now! Love from beautiful, southern Italia!

No comments:

Post a Comment