Friday, June 7, 2013

I'll be back. I am back!!! (For you Office fans...)

Oh beautiful Siena, how I've missed your towering city walls, bustling piazzas and squares, your tranquil cobble stoned alleys filled with restaurants and bakeries, and your beautiful panoramas of the countryside that surrounds you. Ahhh, it feels good to be back here.

Last night I met up with Joe, my Italian tutor from Portland who's taking classes here in Siena, and his wife Naomi! They have graciously offered to host me for two nights before I leave for Cogne in the mountainous north. It was pretty crazy to see Joe strolling across the piazza yesterday when I first met up when him after his class. It felt like I was back in Portland once we reached their adorable, tiny flat and he whipped out a piece of paper to give me a mini lesson over some questions I had. Naomi cooked up a killer dinner and we passed the night eating and catching up on each others adventures. Good times!

Today we head to the center of the city for some sightseeing and to enjoy the sunshine that has finally decided to show up. Hopefully more to come on my quick pit stop in Siena before I leave for Cogne. If not, I may be MIA for the next month as I'm not sure I'll have internet access at my next farm or on my adventure to the Dolomites after.

A quick tidbit on my next farm: it's located 5 km up the mountains for Cogne in the Valle d'Aosta region of Italy. On the farm they have thirty plus cows, sixty plus goats, chickens, geese, pigs and horses; and they make and sell cheese, butter and yogurt at the local markets.

If you don't hear from me, know that I'm happily milking goats or (hopefully) learning to make cheese! Lots of love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment